Friday, May 11, 2007

FINALLY!

Today I finally had a decent run. The past two weeks have SUCKED! Each run I did in the past weeks I've had to walk and one was for a mile run!!! WTF?! Pissed me off. The other was when I didn't drink any water during the day and tried to run over 4 miles. DUH! *smacking the crap out of myself* Can you say dehydration. When I hit campus I had to walk to the Dean's office and ask for water because I couldn't make into my building.

Today I was just pissed off more than a wet cat and was determined to finish 3 miles without walking. Started out feeling pretty good and at 2.5 hit the brick walk and almost walked, but pushed through it and finished 3.10 in 30.30! Woo hoo! Of course I was sweating like a whore on dollar day and the only deodorant I had in the office was Old Spice. Don't know why it was Old Spice? So for the rest of the day I smell like my Grandpa.

3 comments:

bazu said...

Oooh, so do you run around this neighborhood? SU?

I love the line about smelling like grandpa! =D

Congrats on some fantastic run times. Back when I used to run regularly, I used to track my runs and sure enough, every couple of weeks or so, there would be a dip. I had no idea what caused that, but then I'd get back to normal again. Wtf??

All my tomorrows said...

Hahahahahaha..."like a whore on dollar day"..I've never heard that one before...LOL! Mmmmm..Old Spice. You must have been a delight ;-).

runswithdog said...

Old Spice always reminds me of my dad :-) Good job on the run. For a while there, I thought I was gonna have to get you out and keep you going - and I don't think the cosmos could have handled such an unlikely event.