Monday, March 05, 2007

Second time trying to post and now I am pissed! I had a nice long post and poof! Gone!!! Why! For the love of God why?! *&$#%&$&#*(&^$^pieceof@!^%@$^*&^bastard(*@!%#$^@mother#(*$&@(*& I feel better now.

Last week was a bitch to say the least at work and finally I have some time to post some pictures of our new furniture and the paint job of the living room. This should make Trailhoundz happy (grin)

Miss Sally making herself at home on our new faux leather couch! We had to put blankets on the couch because the dogs don't like the slippery surface, plus they add protection from their nails! In the background you can kind of see the paint job. It is my attempt at being crafty. I painted the walls with a flat paint, then went back and taped off 6 inch stripes. Painted the stripes in the same color except with high gloss paint to give it that wallpaper effect. I think it turned out pretty damn good.

The cats LOVE the new furniture. Which is funny, because the dogs aren't too keen on it. Rim and Sally will get up, but John and Maggie now prefer the floor.
I am one lucky girl to have a husband that loves to do woodworking as a hobby and is good at it. This is a picture of the lamp he made for the living room (he actually make three of them). It is a mission style and you can move it up and down!

6 comments:

Iowa Greyhound said...

Looks great, I love the lamp!

Sue said...

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who is having trouble with Blogger. I tried to write a blog 6 times on Sunday and Monday before I finally gave up.....I think I'm going e-mail them tonight to see what they say

bazu said...

Blogger SUCKS. It's official!

Sue said...

Your new furiture looks great!!!! I love what you did to the walls!!

Jen said...

Okay, I'm going to try to post again... I hope it goes through!

Bridge... the furniture and walls look AWESOME! I just love how you do that striping. And the lamps... Bill is mucho talented!!!!!

See you Saturday. :o)

J

Blogger said...

Get your access to 16,000 woodworking plans.

Teds Woodworking has more than 16,000 woodworking plans with STEP BY STEP instructions, pics and drafts to make each project simple and easy...