Friday, January 19, 2007

What a week!

Tuesday was the start of the spring semester and things were hoppin' in my office. I love my job, I really do, but this week has taken a toll on me physically and mentally. See, I work for a career center at a University working with students on resumes, letters, internships, jobs, etc. This has been the busiest first week that I ever remember and I have worked there for 8 years! It has been non-stop from the minute I walk in to the time I leave of people wanting something from me. It was a give, give, give, give week. By the time I got home I was so exhausted that all I could do was sit and stare the T.V. I was literally talked out. Normally it isn't that bad, but we are short 2 staff members and when you are dealing with 1800 undergrads and 150 grads that is baaaaad. There is a light at the end of the tunnel with a new person starting on Feb. 1st. Wooo hooooooo!!

All this is going on at work and I was sick with a cold. Not a bad cold, but still feeling a little lousy. Thursday I decided to take some Dayquil to help me get through the day. Holy shit! I was HIGH AS A KITE on that stuff. What the hell! I couldn't focus, was hazy, was having trouble making decisions! It was sooooo bad. Seriously. It was like the Charlie Brown cartoon. When someone was talking to me all I was hearing was Wah Wah Wah Wah. Now normally I would enjoy this feeling...JUST KIDDING, but it is very difficult to do student appointments when you feel like your head is floating somewhere up on the ceiling. I managed to make it through the day, get home and had a wonderful crockpot of Tortilla Soup waiting for me. This soup is the bomb. Trac came over and I gave her a batch to take home for dinner for her and her hubby. She called me this morning raving about it.

You know I was thinking about this today. If a year ago you would of told me that I would be trading dinners with Trac, my vegan friend, I would of you told you that you were either on crack or full shit, or both. I remember way before I went veg, I was trying to make something that Trac could eat and was in a total panic! Seriously. I had NO freakin' clue what to make, how to make it, etc. A total mental meltdown. This makes me laugh now. It seemed so hard then and yet, now it is so easy, so natural to make a meal without using meat or dairy! Here I am making vegan meals and giving them to my vegan friends with confidence that it is a damn good dish. Just goes to show ya, life can lead you down paths you never thought you venture.

2 comments:

runswithdog said...

I will keep following you right down that path especially as long as you keep cooking. That soup was great. I am glad you remembered to turn on the crockpot!

All my tomorrows said...

Take care of yourself this weekend and keep on truckin' down the vegan path!