Saturday, January 13, 2007

This week I have been fighting off a cold. My weapons of choice arem 1000 mg of vitimin C and E, with a healthy dose of Echinachea. Plus, trying to stay a distince from the typhoid Mary's of the office. As a back-up, slathering myself in anti-germ lotions, creams and sprays. All I have managed to do is hold back the waters before the dam breaks. However, the dam is about ready to break and sweep my butt down the river of hell. I think this morning's run did it. I knew better, but I did it anyway. Say hello to dumbass...her name is Bridget.

I woke up this morning to drizzingly rain that was going to turn over to snow. A good day to run inside, but I was to pick Trac and Cosmo up for our long run at the park. After going back and forth with myself, I decided to go to the YMCA and run on the treadmill. Just three miles and maybe do some lifting if I felt up to it. I called Trac. She LAUGHED at me for she was expecting my call....see this blog. It is true. I do not like to run in cold and rainy weather because when I get home it takes and extremely hot shower, layers of clothing and snuggling under 3-4 blankets for me to get warm. Yes, I am big ass sissy and I don't care. I am proud of it in fact. Anway, I get in the car, pull out of the garage and low and freakin' behold it has stopped raining. Shit, shit, shit, shit. Now I have NO excuse not to run at the park this morning. Yes, I still feel like a steaming pile of dog doo, but it isn't raining! I will never live it down with Trac if I don't go. I call her to tell her I am picking her up, but I am only going to run three miles.

I ran 5. Now I am riding the river with an elephant on my chest.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I can't believe you ran 5 miles. You are an Ironwoman!!!!!

Jen