Monday, January 01, 2007

The return of the Bento!

Tomorrow it is back to work and time to get back on track with my eating habits. I have been really bad over the holiday and gained some pounds. Normally I wouldn't freak, but since I have been struggling getting my thyroid regulated weight has become an issue. The doc has been trying to get me out from being hypothyroid for about 4 months. During that time just maintaining my weight has been incredibly hard. However, I do believe we are at the right dosage level now. Wooo hooo! But that is no excuse to start slacking.

My bento contains a vegan stuffed cabbage roll and some mashed potatoes. Sooooo good. The cabbage rolls are stuffed with bulger wheat, walnuts and some kick ass spices. For dessert I have some raspberries & blueberries and some chocolate bunny crackers. My mid-afternoon snack is that cute little pear! When I look at how tiny it is the old commercial about tootsie rolls pops come to mind - The owl on the tree branch - how many licks does it take to eat a tootsie roll pop...one....twoooo....threeeee.....three.




2 comments:

runswithdog said...

Oh, I am so glad that bento is back! I always feel like a dork when I lay everything out on the break room table and photo it but I do it anyways :-)

Jen said...

Didn't you make Tempeh too? I thought that was going in the cabbage!

Your food looks DELISH!

Jen