Saturday, January 27, 2007

Moving on...

After my depressing post I thought I post something not so....depressing.

My dogs are bored. We have had some really cold weather and snow. Lots of snow. With the weather being so damn cold the dogs can only go out into the small dog yard to do their business. If I let them out to the big yard they get stuck because the ground is so cold it hurts their feet. But here is the thing. I have four dogs - going out several times a day in a small dog yard. When the snow melts....oh god. It is going to be shit city. Turds as high as the birds eye. It is SO going to suck.

I also come to realize my male greyhound is weird. He really is. For instance, he likes to play with a cat toy. Yes a cat toy. It is called a cat dancer. It is a feather with a bell on a long string attached to a stick. You can whip it around to make the feather dance making your kitty go bonkers. As we have come to find out it makes one particular greyhound bonkers too. Not only does Echo (my cat), Rimmy also loves it. Close your eyes and picture this....one cat jumping up to get this feather, at the same time, a 90 lb greyhound lunging forward to get the feather. Egads! Very scary and why I have to hide the damn freakin' thing in the closet!!

The other thing that I feel ranks Rim up there as one of the weirdest greyhounds on the planet is his habit of drilling his nose into my neck every night. He literally takes his nose and roots in my neck! Then for the rest of the night it is stinky hot greyhound breath and the sound of Darth Vader in my ear. Weird. Weird Weird!!

3 comments:

Iowa Greyhound said...

We're so looking forward to warmer weather too!

runswithdog said...

Man, you are getting it from all over! You get poked in the neck from Rimmy at home and poked in the rear from Cosmo over here. Wait a second......that didn't come out quite the way I intended it.......

Jen said...

How about the fact that he tries to hump your human friends when they bend over? Doesn't that rank up there as being wierd???? Hmpf!

Jen
(the victim)....