Sunday, December 24, 2006

Road Report

It is Christmas eve and we are back at the hotel waiting for the Christmas Story marathon to start. Damn I love that movie! It is a nice ending to a wonderful day.

The drive to Ohio was fairly painless. The weather cooperated and the traffic wasn't bad. Bill and I were shocked. We arrived in town around 4:30 and headed to Bill's favorite restaurant -- Frickers. Joining us were my parents and 2 brothers, Bill's mom, sister and her husband. We had a great time catching up. Bill and I were especially glad to see his mom, Lou. She started her chemo for breast cancer last month. Lou looked good and was in great spirits. She has a fab wig too! It looks really nice on her. Well, as you can guess there wasn't a lot on the menu a vegeterian could eat. Well, there were two things --fried veggies and a dinner salad, which contain lettuce and one slice of tomato. I ended up with two orders of the salad. The lettuce was quite good....can you hear the sarcasim?

Today was spent with my husband's family and I received a gift from my brother-in-law and sister-in-law that touched both of us deeply. As I went to open the present I had no idea the impact it would have and render me speechless. That in itself is a Christmas miracle! The gift were pictures of our girl Alyssa in a watercolor style in a beautiful frame. The pictures are my three favorite of her. The minute I laid my eyes on its beauty I immediately started crying like a baby. Just blubbering. Lyssie was so beautiful that looking at her took my breath away - their gift did the same thing.

Every once in awhile you receive something so special that words can't describe how much it means to you. It brings back your faith in Christmas. It isn't all material -- it has meaning of thoughtfulness, tenderness and love. Now go freakin' hug someone! :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're having a good time. Did the crazy greys join you? :-)

Anonymous said...

What a thoughtful gift. I hope you post a pic of it. And I hope you have better luck with food on the rest of your trip! Hang in there and just think about all of the delicious food you can eat when you get home.

Jen said...

Pictures of the Alyssa Montage! Pictures of the Alyssa Montage!

Jen

Anonymous said...

What a great gift. Tears of joy, remembrance and the happiness that she brought to your life.

It will get easier to look at as time passes, I promise :-).

I still have moments after 4 years that I want to cry for my heart baby gone to the Bridge, but mostly now I just remember what a damn good friend she was.

And I know that I will see her again someday and that she's happy and whole now.