Thursday, December 07, 2006

New Cookbook!

This past weekend Trac and I made a pit stop in Barnes and Noble. Damn I love that store. We parked ourselves on the floor in front of the vegetarian/vegan cookbooks. We could have stayed there for hours oooohhh'ing and ahhhhh'ing and exclaiming...I want that one....this looks good...check out this recipe! Anyway, I came across La Dolce Vegan!: Vegan Livin' Made Easy by Sarah Kramer. What captured my attention were the recipes that were some favorites from my non-vegetarian days - not-so meatloaf, non-tuna salad, etc., The best part, they looked simple. That is the key for me right now. Why am I rambling on like this? Because I am not a good cook. Plain and simple.

I envy those who have a natural talent for cooking. Knowing what flavors go together, don't have to follow a recipe, can pull recipes out of their asses that taste like it came from a 5 star restaurant! But.....now I am thinking....maybe it is because they practice a lot? Maybe they have had their share of good recipes gone bad? And maybe, there is hope for me?

I feel like I am discovering food for the first time and it is exciting. My eyes and taste buds are being opened to how food is supposed to taste! Reading all these vegan/vegetarian blogs are teaching me so much. With their help, I am experiencing how wonderful and glorious fruits and vegetables are to cook and eat. But, the biggest lesson I am learning from these cyberspace chefs is that it isn't that hard, unless you make it that way. I love you freakin' guys!!!

3 comments:

Sarah's Blog said...

Dude.
Just jump in with both feet. It's not rocket science. It's just cooking. :)
xoxo
SARAH

Bridget said...

True, but I can fuck up a one house milk route! (one of my favorite redneck sayings). BUT with cookbooks like yours, which rocks by the way, cooking seems less intimidating and have recipes that are fun...I can't believe I just said that!

Anonymous said...

I go to the same Barnes & Noble and sit in front of that same shelf of veg. cookbooks and drool! I was there just today.