Friday, December 29, 2006

Helicopter tail = blood bath

Today I only had to work a half-day. Wooo hooo! When I got home Bill and I had lunch and took the pups out for a walk. It was a gorgeous day with blue skies and sunshine. As we are walking I noticed what looked like a scratch on Rimmy. Upon closer inspection I noticed it is a blood streak and he had several of them. WTF?!?! I am looking him over thinking he busted a toe nail and was scratching himself and that is how he got blood all over him. Then I notice Sally. She had a blood streak on her head! I say...WTF again. Where and who is this coming from - then I see Maggie. Awwww shit. It looked like she dipped the end of her tail in a bucket of red paint. She busted the tip wide open and was flinging blood all over herself and everyone else within range. Maggie has a serious helicopter tail and often smacks the other pups in the face...hence why Sally had it on her head! Shit, shit, shit, shit. We finish our walk, get home and sure enough the walls were covered with blood splatter. If ever a forensic team visits this house we are in serious trouble. I cleaned everyone up and wrapped Mags tail. She looks pitful. Now the hard part is keeping her from smacking it against anything. This is not going to be easy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes Noble whacks his tail really hard and I'm always afraid it'll bust right open. He's such an over-reactor and a big baby though that if he ever did hurt himself we'd all surely know about it. :)

Anonymous said...

Had my own bad experience with a Houndie bleeder recently so I feel your pain.

hahaha "smacks everyone with her tail"...only Greyhound caretakers could make comments like that and other Greyhound caretakers would totally understand! LOL!

(but not totally LOL because now you have to deal with the dreaded "tal wrapping" :-( )

Bridget said...

Mgas tail is healing nicely. The wrap stayed on for a few days. However, I am still finding places with splattered blood. Gesh!!!

Jen said...

Aw Maggie!!!


Jen