Monday, December 11, 2006

A first!

The fishes were very popular today! Several people were peering at my lunch and I had to make the threat that if anyone touches the cupcake they would lose a finger. So tomorrow I am taking my original Bento to work with me. Give the fishes a break for a day.

I am taking some leftover spicy chipole soup Trac made on Sunday. Thanks Trac! Doesn't it look delicious. Trac is a fantastic cook. Since the soup is spicy I thought a cool avocado & corn salad would be nice and to top it all off with a vegan Waldorf salad - for a snack I am finishing up the pomegranate seeds. Damn those little suckers are good! So good in fact that I let one of the student worker's in my office try some. He loved them, and if one accidently fell on the floor he still ate it!

I had a first today. What was it you ask? I made up a recipe for tofu fingers and they turned out pretty darn good. The thought came to me when I was thinking of a fried chicken recipe my mom gave me this past summer. You take some Bisquick mix, add paprika until it turns a light pink, garlic powder and ground pepper. I coated my tofu fingers in the mixture and fried them in some oil. They still could of used a little more punch in the spice department, but overall they were very good. Then I had some bbq sauce for dipping.

There you have it folks! A 5 crazy greys original vegan recipe. The pisser. I didn't take freakin' pictures because I was too busy stuffing my face.

2 comments:

Jen said...

You are so creative! Would you like to come cook for me?

Jen

trac said...

The soup is Chipolte Corn Chowder with Black Beans from VwaV. I didn't have black beans so I subbed pinto beans. How can two chipoltes be so spicy? Two jalapenos aren't!