Sunday, November 12, 2006

Weekend recap

Saturday started out with running with a running group that Trac got together. It was hard and it isn't getting easier. We did about 3 miles in 35 minutes. Bill decided he was going to run with us, but he is much faster and ran 4 miles, passing all of us on the way back. DAMN!!

Afterwards, we headed over to Trac's house for Bill to measure for Mally's ramp. With his corns and such, he has a hard time getting up the steps and Trac wanted a ramp so he would have an easier time of it. Bill finished that night and we took it over after we finished dinner. That thing is one solid ramp! It isn't going anywhere. As a matter of fact, if the house blew down the one thing standing would be the ramp! Trac had made pumpkin muffins and sushi! Of course, as soon as I got home I immediately sat down to eat the sushi. Why? Because it was there and I can't sit around knowing there is sushi in the refrigerator just waiting to be eaten.

While Bill was working on the ramp I finally decided to get my butt in gear and work on the Christmas quilt that I started a while back. Today - Sunday, I got it all pieced together and pinned and is ready to machine quilt! Thank God Bill helped me pin because it would of taken me hours to do it myself. Both of us now have sore thumbs.

This morning I was so proud of Sally and John. We took them down to a nursing home to visit some residents. DeeDee, who volunteers a lot of her time down at Birchwood used to take Cooper before he died. Although DeeDee and Pam haven't adopted another greyhound, DeeDee still likes to take greys down to visit the residents. When they dogsat for us this summer she took Sally, and Sally did really well. Anyway, John(his first time) and Sally were there for an hour and half. They were so good! Patient and gentle. John even gave a resident a kiss! It made her day. Both of them got lots of treats and pets. They loved it.

2 comments:

Jen said...

It sounds like you had an awesome weekend! I can't wait to see your quilt, and see the ramp Bill made for Mal. And Sally and John get big kudos for their nursing home work! Perhaps they can conference call Cliffie and give him some tips on a better therapy dog attitude--? LOL!

Jen

trac said...

Running would be easier if you didn't yak the whole time (unless you are running with me and then I want you to talk to distract me!).