Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Thanksgiving menu

Today is the day I start cooking starting with the pies. Since my husband is not a vegetarian and Thanksgiving is his favorite holiday, we bought a turkey for him and the dogs. They will get a full Thanksgiving meal too. I felt awful buying the turkey. I don't care for Tofurkey so I will be eating just the veggies.

Appetizers:

Roasted chickpeas, olives and veggies w/dip and Beer bread.

Dinner:

Bread stuffing
Sweet potato casserole
Roasted esparagus and brussel sprouts (Bill doesn't like fresh esparagus - only the canned so I have a small can for him. I know. gross)
Smashed potatoes
Green bean casserole

Dessert:

Pumpkin pie
Mincemeat pie (ick! This is for Bill too)

A lot of food for two people and four dogs!! Will post pictures of the pups eating their dinner :-)

No comments: