Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Something Wicked This Way Comes

This morning I woke up to one of the sinus headaches that you just know is going to bring you to your knees as the day wears on. It is the kind that feels like someone is jabbing an ice pick in your right eye, while your neck muscles are being subjected to some sadistic Inquisition rack torture and the crackling sound going on in your ear from the fluid trying to seep out of your pores. Say it with me...SON....OF... A... BITCH.

I only get this type of headache when the weather is about to change. Judging from this one, the apocalypse is near. All I want to do is mutter obscenities over and over or jab a pencil in my eye. Hmmmmm....I am leaning toward the pencil.

Needless to say I did not go to the gym today. I was hoping to hit the pool for a swim. Haven't been in the water since the Triathlon in June. Took me that long to recover from that trauma!
Anyway, yesterday at lunch I ran an easy 2 miles and then met Trac, Shannon, Chris and Sherri for 2.5 mile run that had two bitch of hills. One was short and steep, the other, was a long, mother help me, what the hell, incline hill. What made it so bad was my warped philosophy on running hills. It is what I was taught when I was in high school by my cross country coach: lean into the hill, dig in, put your head down and plow your way up to the top. Of course you feel like you have a collapse lung once you get to the top, but you made it to the top. He used to take us out to a cow pasture with the biggest, badest hill and make us run up and down, up and down, up and down for at least 30-45 minutes. Sadistic bastard.

No comments: