Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Recipe failures

What the hell is wrong with me? Why did my brothers get all the Martha Stewart genes and I got the shaft and got the Sandford and Son gene? This week has been very disappointing in the kitchen. Last night I attempted to make a not-so-chicken salad and it was gross. No other word to describe it. I used TVP and too much vegetable broth and probably several other f'up's. It was so disappointing! I was all hyped up to eat it at lunch, took a bite and immediately wasn't hungry anymore. WTH?! Why does it have to be so hard!!

Hold the whining train. I did make a yummy pasta on Sunday so I am not a total bone head. It was an artichoke and sun-dried tomato penne. Had a ton leftover for lunch on Monday and I ate the ENTIRE huge bowl of leftover. I practically crawled in the bowl to lick the sides. Half of me believes it was because it was so damn good, but in reality I think it was due to the fact I was about to start my 'ladies days' and would eat the bark of a tree.

This week I am going to attempt to make a Tortilla soup that is in my Vegetarian slow cooker cookbook. It sounds delcious and man I hope it is because I need a pick me up - a culinary ego boost if you will.

Other news - Sally my oldest greyhound had her 6 mth old lady check-up. She was checked over from snout to tail and violated several ways. Poor girl. She still hasn't forgivin' me yet. At the ripe age of 11 she is going strong and is the most active dog in our pack! Damn if she isn't cute too. I will have to post some pics of the crew wearing their winter pj's. John looks like Vinnie Babarino from Welcome Back Carter with his pj's on. Ha!

5 comments:

Jen said...

COTTER! I loved Welcome Back Cotter! :oD

Hey, I found the secret for anything with Vegetable broth: DON'T use canned broth. It's gross. Get the Vegetable Bouillon cubes... much better. :o)

Jen

P.S.- YES! Photos of the pups!

trac said...

>Why did my brothers get all the >Martha Stewart genes and I got >the shaft and got the Sandford >and Son gene?

I am not touching this with a ten foot pole.....

Anonymous said...

Haha! Sanford & Sons. You crack me up. Yes, please post the pj pics. I bought Noble some pj's and for some reason they just aren't working. I can't figure out what it is. I think the chest section needs to be looser (more fabric). Right now they sort of slip towards his butt which pulls tight on the chest and it's tearing. Ugh!

All my tomorrows said...

Yeah, the Sanford and Son comment made me laugh and then come back and laugh some more...:-)!

Bridget said...

Sounds like Noble and Rim have the same problem. The fabric is too tight between his armpits. If I figure out the pattern I would be happy to try and make Noble a pair of PJ's :-)