Sunday, October 01, 2006

Friday Night out

Friday night Trac picked me up from work early so we could hit a couple Asian markets to look for some chili spices for my veggie chili before we headed out to met Jen . I may have gotten a wee bit carried away. I couldn't help it! Some of the stuff just looked so damn interesting and I figured it wouldn't hurt to have them in my aersonal of spices. Right?! So here is what I got...I am so excited and I will not use all of these in my chili...omg can you imagine if I did!!!

Lao Gui Yang Chili Sauce: This stuff looks like pure fire ass! Ingredients: vegetable oil, cayenne, peanut, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, cashew kernels, walnut meats, other condiment. Hmmmmmm....interesting.

Hot & Spicy Marinade (Korean BBQ Sauce): Special blend of Korean pear and apple. Ingredients: Red Pepper paste, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Soy Sauce, Sugar, Red Pepper Mix, Apple Puree, Pear Puree, Water, Salt, Garlic, Rice Wine, Black Pepper Power, Ginger extract, Sesame, Paprika Oleoresin and Capsicom Oleresin (whatever the hell that is).

Sambal Oelek Ground Fresh Chili Paste: Ingredients: Chili, Salt and Distilled Vinegar.

Sweet Chili Sauce: Ingredients: Tomato, long pepper, sugar, salt, mushroom extract.

And finally, some really good Soy Sauce. Don't know the name because it is in written all in Koren.

We bought our stuff and away we went to meet up with Jen for some letterboxing. I am happy to report that ALL of Jen's boxes were re-hidden well! Whew! So she decided to keep them out on the trail. It was a great night to letterbox, be it a wee bit cold. Okay, I was freezing my ass off.

Since the medical profession has taken it upon themselves to screw with my thyroid I am all messed up. First I was HYPERthyroid and couldn't take any of the medication to treat it because of allergic reactions so they had to get rid of my thyroid by radioactive treatment, which I did, grudgingly. NOW I am heading down to HYPOthyroid, which means, until they get me on medication (hopefully next week or two), I suffer from the following: Lack of tolerance to the cold. When other people are comfortble I feel like someone standing in a bikini in the middle of the artic - severe muscle cramps, which one hit while we were letterboxing. I get them in the upper hamstring - butt area. Holy Mary Mother of GOD does it hurt! You know the kind of hurt that leaves you speechless and makes you want to vomit and/or pass out. Damn I can hardly wait till those go away. Then there is the hair loss. Great. Just lovely. I have been using a special combo of hair products that are working to keep it at bay. And irritability. :-) I was a bitch before (I say proudly) but this type of bitchness goes up to the level of people scattering to get the hell out of my way...which I kind of like. Anyway, that is my ramble on hypothyroid. In the next couple weeks I will be on medication and I should go back to my jolly bitchy self !

After letterboxing we headed out to get some dinner at a Mexican place. It was pretty damn good! All of us had the veggie burrito and even Jen is re-thinking her stance on Mexican food. She didn't like it before because it was too spicy. Afterwards, we sat around and argued, just for the sake of arguing about everything. It was great! See the three of us enjoy getting together, talking, gossiping and debating this or that. We laugh and want to kill each other, then laugh some more. The three of us have such a strong bond that we can do this and still want to talk to each other the next day. That my friends is true friendship.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a really great evening. I like all of your new asian spices/oils. Can't wait to see what you create with them.

Your post has me nostalgic for my amigas in CA. Moving out here has been really difficult. Hopefully I'll meet some new friends soon.

Blogger said...

eToro is the best forex broker for new and pro traders.