Thursday, August 10, 2006

I am so screwed. Next Sunday I am supposed to be running a 10k with my husband. Well after today's 4 mile run that just isn't going to happen. It started out great. My legs felt good, my breathing wasn't labored, then boom at the 2.5/3 mile mark I ran out of gas. My whole body just shut down. It was like someone pulled out the battery and I couldn't get my legs to go any further.

This is very discouraging and it pisses me off. I never had this problem before and I think it all goes back to my thyroid. 4 weeks ago I had radiodine treatment to get my thyroid to stop working and overproducing hormones. It must of worked because now I am as weak as a kitten. Bastards. I used to be able to run 4-6 miles easy and this was BEFORE my treatment. It isn't like I just decided to go and run 4 miles today. I exercise at least 3-4 times a week and I worked my ass off to get in shape for a Triathlon this past June. Which I completed. It is August and I feel like I am back at square one. Maybe I should give up. Sigh.

1 comment:

Jen said...

You will do great! Just give yourself time to adjust to the Thyroid meds and I'm sure you will be back to Superwoman status soon. :o) Definitely call from PA and let me know how it goes! I'll be rooting for you (and Bill too).

Jen