Monday, June 19, 2006

So much to post!!! I will make separate posts so this post isn't HUGE.

Maggie update --

Maggie went to see Doctor Bookbinder and he said that she dislocated a joint and broke a small piece of bone. The broken bone plays in our favor because that makes the leg want to heal. He said there is a slight possiblity that it will heal on it own so we are keeping the splint cast on till next week. We will take her in and they will do x-rays to see what is going on and if there is no healing then he will have to do surgery to repair the leg. It isn't a easy surgery to do and it won't be fun for little Maggie either. The plan would be to put in a very long metal plate and pin it to the joint. Once the joint heals he will have to go in and remove the plate because greyhounds have no skin to hold the plate inside their bodies. So anyone reading this please say a prayer, light a candle or do a healing dance that she won't need surgery.

Maggie is getting around great with her cast. It doesn't seem to bother her, but I did notice tonight a piece of the metal splint is coming through and scraping up her leg. I will call tomorrow to see if they can do a cast change. I don't want the splint to puncture her leg! That is all we need.

Alyssa, my other greyhound is also having leg problems. I have been putting off taking her to get an x-ray because I am scared to death that it might be cancer. Lyssie and I have a very strong bond and it is going to be devastating and I may have to move out of the country. She is my soulmate. Don't get me wrong I love my other guys a million times over, but Lyssie was my first and she is so full of personality. Not a lot of people see it because she tends to be a diva. But if you spend time with her you will know exactly what I am talking about. Tomorrow I am finally going to call to get her leg checked out. Oh god.

No comments: