Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Yesterday I had my appointment with the Endocronlogist about my thyroid. Verdict. Hyperthyroidism and Graves disease. That explains all my eye problems! Thank god I don't have the Marty Feldman buldging eyes. The medicine I will be on will help that and we will play it by ear on how to treat the Graves.

So last night and this morning I took this medicine that is a Beta blocker and is to help my symptoms (high heart rate, palipations, eyes, etc) What sucked is this morning my chest got really tight and I started coughing a lot. I called the doc and one of the side effects is it could constricts the lungs. Hence why they told me NOT to take this medicine right before a workout. Not good. I stopped taking it, and now have started my thryroid medicine - Tapazole.

The bottle reads take 2 tablets once a day. So I did. Now I think I should of taken one. I was going to go out for a little run, but I can't because my heart is beating like a freight train! Tomorrow I will take one in the AM and PM. Tha should work..right? My plan is to run in the morning, swim at lunch and go to a cycling class in the evening. This will catch me up on my training.

Today I had an appointment with my eye doctor for a re-check and while I was there I bought new glasses!! They are so cool!! On the sides are little tiny fake diamonds. The best part! They come with clip on shades. They should be ready by the end of next week. Wooo hoooo I can see again while driving.

No comments: